July 27, 2011

"all this work, you don't get paid for this? You are being disresepected" - Then PAY YOUR TAXES!!!!!!


The #1 complaint I hear from friends and loved ones 
"SOOOOOOoooooooo - do you get COMPENSATED / PAID for this work?"


No we don't.  This is part of the job

This is what we do with all that "time left in the day"
this is what we SHOULD be doing with PAID summers off

This is what we should be paid for

but education can't afford to pay us for - because people think we need to be "tested ourselves" if the kids are being tested. We are over paid.  that schools "NEVER HAVE ENOUGH MONEY!"

Really Jesse Ventura???? 

TO ALL OF YOU WHO ASK ME IF I AM BEING PAID FOR THIS

That think i won't be respected until I prance into an office and demand more money?


Have you EVER TAUGHT before? SERIOUSLY.  no one watching  - except when they come in because the class volume is at 11?

Have you ever had the thought?  - what do i expect my kid to leave this class with knowing?
and have you ever been a teacher knowing that most of a 3 - 5 hour class will be distilled into 2 -3 sentences to parents at the end of the day  - on your best CLASS?


Have you ever been in a job where being a "minority" (woman) makes you less hire ready because there are too many of you (*thus said minority) in the business?  
and the areas where who and what you are naturally LENDS to making you better at the business pays 1/10th of what the big paying jobs are?



LEMME MAKE THIS CLEAR TO YOU

#1 - I LOVE MY JOB
#2 - IT'S BIGGER THAN A "JOB"
#3)  I IMPACT MORE PEOPLE IN A BIGGER WAY EVERYDAY THAN MOST PEOPLE DO IN A LIFE TIME
#4 - WHEN I FAIL - NO ONE FORGETS IT
#5   - WHEN I AM 200% AMAZING, I MIGHT BE A THANK YOU NOTE
#6  - Can you count your favorite teachers on one hand, if so, you are lucky, 2 you are SUPER LUCKY, not one, than that's heartbreaking.   
we may not remember your names  - given we have a 20 to 1 ratio, but  your faces, we don't forget

and we NEVER stop caring.

so no - there isn't a dollar amount you can give me that is what I am worth.
But I know what I do is worth more than I am

may you be as lucky to have a job like this


IF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT THIS -  Seriously??? 
1) write your Senator, Congress person, House member
2) Run for School board
3) donate your time & Money 
4)  Offer to help teach your child at home & ask them about their day.  they LOVE to share what they have learned.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - 
Vote 

Vote for taxes.

that's what you are paying for



because right now - No, I'm up working on models because  - no, I won't be paid for this, but I WILL PAY for it if it doesn't go right.

How much does your job ask of you?

No comments: