August 21, 2008

Upcoming Art Events





Hello - lots coming up

I start teaching 3 classes at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design Monday - Aug 25
teaching 2 sections of 3D foundations and Futures: society and you.
I just got elected to Senate as well. Awesome. I'm a Senator.

I start teaching Orientation to Art and Design at the College of Visual Arts as well. Really nice people over there and it will be all new to me, so I'm stoked with a little bit of scared attached.

hello to any students that just google-ed me. Now get your homework done. :)







Coming up - out door art fairs -see my ceramics and even better - please bring some home of course.

Edina Art Fair: Sep. 13-14
Marine on the St. Croix: Sept. 20 - 21
Afton Art Fair: Sept. 27-28






the R.N.C is coming to town, and I'm avoiding it.
- not about politics - just hoop-la. too much trouble for me. But everyone and the artist in them is doing something - so i feel a little left out. Yet - not forgotten is politics on everyone's mind
here's something someone gurrila arted up in our neighborhood. impressive they got this done in one night! my students have no excuse now for not getting their homework done.
But I will be showing at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design's faculty show
http://www.mcad.edu/showPage.php?pageID=1119&eventID=331
Position and Imposition: MCAD Faculty Responds to Politics

When: Aug. 22-Sept. 24, 2008
Where: MCAD Gallery: Main Gallery
Reception: Friday, Sept. 5, 6-8 p.m.


& at the College of Visual Arts in St. Paul, MN
http://www.cva.edu/gallery/gallery_shows.htm
I'm in this faculty show as well
Annual CVA Faculty Exhibition
August 28 - September 13, 2008


Faculty Presentations
Tuesday, September 9, 6 - 9 p.m.
Reception
Thursday, September 11, 6 - 8 p.m.


as long as the MCAD MFA print portfolio show at MCAD as well


special love going out to:

my friend Deb - keep fighting. it's not fair - cancer is less discriminate than death - at least death has its reasons. Cancer just picks un-fair fights - until it found you. Kick it's ass my dear! Please, we need you - us girls, women, ladies, double x chromosomes - we need you here fighting for us.

to my friends in Cordero - (Eric) - love the new record!
what?? you haven't heard it?
http://www.bloodshotrecords.com/artists/cordero/
http://corderomusic.com/

to Mike and his family - little Adler... just a few more standing ups away from walking, talking, and taking over the world. go get 'em.

and to my boy - you do everything and that makes you awesome.
check out his art show opening Down Town Minneapolis, for the next 2 weeks- part of this larger big art thing that co-ensides with the RNC:
http://www.gallery13.com/

it's down town 811 Lasalle Ave, Minneapolis, MN
he's got a really great piece there - related to sports / pole vaulting / being in the flow /the olympics
coolstuff
xoxo
-abbi

No comments: